Covid-19: We’re Still Here for You!
We at Woodland Springs Veterinary Hospital have continued to monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have decided to have stricter protocols for hospital operations, and effective immediately will only be offering Curbside Care.
Our goal is to continue to provide care to our patients while maintaining an environment that is safe for our clients and staff. Beyond increased sanitation measures, we are creating short term policy changes that will significantly decrease exposure between clients and staff. While we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, we believe it is in the best interest of our patients and clients as we navigate through the new recommendations from the Center of Disease Control and the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Appointments: A licensed veterinary technician or veterinary assistant will call you prior to the appointment in order to obtain your pet’s history, symptoms, and other relevant information. Upon arrival, please call the hospital and an animal care attendant or technician assistant will meet you at your vehicle. Please leash your dog, or place your cat in a carrier prior to handing over to the staff member. We will then add a double leash to your pet using one of our leashes. This is important because we do not want to have patients getting away from their owners during this transfer. We ask you to wait in your car while your pet is being seen. The doctor will still fully discuss all physical exam findings and treatment plans prior to treating your pet. The attending veterinary assistant or technician will call you again with prescription instructions and transfer you to the front desk for you to check out over the phone.
- Dropping off pets, including surgeries: A staff member will contact you before drop off similar to the appointment protocol. We will also email you the drop off or surgery authorization form to be completed and emailed back to us, or you can bring with you to your appointment. Please call upon arrival to the hospital and a staff member will meet you at your car.
- Picking up pets: Again, please call upon arrival to the clinic. We will contact you to go over the bill, and obtain payment. After your invoice has been paid, a team member will bring your pet to you.
- Prescription refills/ pet food: Any refill medications/ foods will be filled and brought out to the car for you. Prescription and pet food requests can also be filled through our online store on the hospital website (wsvh.net).
- Personal items: We will not be allowing personal items such as blankets, beds, toys, etc. to be left with the pets.
We appreciate your patience during this time. While we understand these policies may be a temporary inconvenience, we want to do our part to slow the potential spread of the virus, protect our clients and staff, and keep our human medical system from becoming overwhelmed. We remain dedicated to our community and to providing quality care to your pets. Hopefully, the threat of COVID-19 and these protocol changes will be shortlived.