Woodland Springs Veterinary Hospital constantly strives to uphold the most professional and up-to-date standards when it comes to providing quality veterinary hospital care. We here at Woodland Springs are committed to helping North Texas’ pets in any way we can and providing pet owners with peace of mind. This being the case, we offer many state-of-the-art services in veterinary hospital care including wellness care, diagnostic care and surgery.
At Woodland Springs, we strive to promote healthy pets through highly educated owners. That means we believe in performing regular examinations on your pet that give us an overall picture of his or her state of health and allow us to detect health issues before they become problematic and difficult to treat. We perform comprehensive, nose-to-tail exams and diagnostic testing before we determine any course of treatment. During an exam, we assess the following areas on pets:
- Vital signs – temperature, respiration rate, weight and pulse
- Snout – nose and nasal passages
- Ears – checked for yeast, foreign objects, bacteria and parasites
- Eyes – checked for injuries, ulcers and any other abnormalities
- Mouth – gums, teeth, tongue and palate are checked for issues, fractures, tumors, infections and anemia
- Skin – checked for issues including allergies, infections, warts, cysts and tumors
- Abdomen – checked for abnormalities like enlarged organs, masses and painful areas
- Reproductive system – inspected for swelling, discharge and lumps
- Legs and feet – moved around and checked for irregularities
- Lymph nodes – checked for enlargement and other anomalies
We may also recommend blood, urine and fecal screenings to get a clearer picture of your pet’s overall health.
Just as it is with humans, your pet’s health care needs will change with the passage of time. Dogs and cats age at a quicker rate than people, however, and each stage in their lives requires different approaches to wellness care. The staff here at Woodland Springs Veterinary Hospital understands the needs of pets regardless of age and has developed three wellness plans for each stage in your pet’s life.
- Puppy and Kitten Care – Our wellness plans begin with puppy and kitten exams. During these initial exams, we perform a comprehensive check-up, administer the necessary vaccinations, perform fecal exams and deworming and apply heartworm prevention.
- Junior Wellness Care – For Woodland Springs’ patients that are no longer in infancy but have not quite reached adulthood, Woodland Springs offers the Junior Wellness Care plan, which includes a complete physical exam and blood profile that serves as a benchmark for future diagnostics.
- Senior Wellness Care – Your pet will reach his or her senior citizen years around the age of seven and will require much different care than an infant or junior pet. Woodland Springs’ Senior Wellness Care plan includes an examination, blood profile and urine tests. Regular exams are necessary during your pet’s golden years due to their increased likelihood to develop diseases like diabetes, arthritis and cancer.
If you have any questions regarding our Lifestage Wellness plans, don’t hesitate to give us a call!
Your pet doesn’t have the means to tell you if something is wrong, but he or she may exhibit certain symptoms that can hint at possible problems. When you bring your pet into our veterinary hospital for behavior that is out of the ordinary, we will utilize our state-of-the-art diagnostic laboratory to find out what is going on with your furry companion.
Our lab is staffed by some of the most highly trained and experienced veterinary technicians in North Texas who are capable of quickly processing and analyzing various tests ranging from complete blood counts and fecal tests to urinalysis and heartworm tests. These tests are vital to diagnosing, treating and formulating follow-up care for your pet.
Radiology is the science of imaging and interpreting images of internal bones and organs via the use of x-rays. X-rays are one of the most frequently used diagnostic tools at Woodland Springs Veterinary Hospital and veterinary medicine in general. We use our radiology technology to spot problem areas in various locations on pets’ bodies including the: lungs, heart, digestive organs, musculoskeletal system and reproductive system. These radiographic images can detect tumors, foreign objects and symptoms of heart disease as well as show the location of bone fractures.
Ultrasound is the use of high-frequency sound waves for the purpose of imaging internal bodily structures. This internal imaging technology is especially useful when we have to examine pets’ abdomens and surrounding organs. Woodland Springs Veterinary Hospital uses a mobile ultrasound service with a board-certified veterinary ultrasound specialist during these procedures.
Sometimes surgery is the only viable option to adequately address a pet’s malady or infirmity. Whenever the veterinarians here at Woodland Springs Veterinary Hospital must perform surgical procedures, they utilize cutting-edge technology and processes that foster the best possible outcomes for our furry patients. Our veterinary hospital performs various surgeries ranging from routine to intricate including, but not limited to:
- Spays and neuters
- Stenotic nares
- Soft-tissue repair
- Feline declaws
- Sebaceous adenoma (wart) removal
- Soft-palate resections
We also offer modern Aesculight laser surgery that comes with a host of benefits for our surgical patients. This type of laser surgery has been known to cause less pain, reduce the risk of infection and promote a faster recovery time.
If you have any questions, concerns or are interested in learning more about any of our veterinary hospital services, give us a call or come in for a visit. We would love to tell you more about what Woodland Springs can do for your pet!